In recent years, the rising globalisation of business, coupled with rapid technological advancement, has caused the number of cases involving multi-jurisdictional litigation to increase dramatically. Furthermore, socio-political factors such as Brexit, Covid-19 and, most recently, sanctions, have added further complexity to the way that lawyers must navigate continually evolving international legislation.
In our most recent webinar, we discussed how AI can help lawyers navigate this changing landscape and stay a step ahead of the rest when it comes to cross-border disputes.
Cross-Border Disputes: The Challenges
One of the most obvious challenges that cross-border disputes present to lawyers is both the volume and nature of data involved. Multiple file formats, numerous languages and various jurisdictions can make the task of ensuring compliance with necessary rules and regulations extremely challenging. Furthermore, relying on manual-only investigations renders lawyers at risk. Reviewing vast amounts of data and unfamiliar legislative processes is extremely time consuming and often means that firms only have the resources to look at a sample of the document set, greatly increasing the probability that key information will be missed within the unsampled documents.
Working Seamlessly Across Jurisdictions with Luminance Discovery
Law firms and organisations around the world are turning to Luminance’s AI-powered eDiscovery platform to expedite and enhance cross-border disputes. Key features of the platform that have proved vital during reviews of this kind include:
• In time sensitive matters, Luminance’s plug-and-play nature is crucial, meaning lawyers are able to begin their first case within 30 minutes, with no advanced machine or user training required.
• Luminance’s dashboard provides lawyers with a thorough overview of any given data set and highlights key information including ‘unknown unknowns’. This allows lawyers to navigate the contractual landscape while facilitating the conduct of deep investigations during the process of a dispute, even when it crosses borders and jurisdictions.
• AI-powered Early Case Assessment and Technology Assisted Review means that Luminance proactively highlights key findings, allowing for strategic decisions to be made earlier.
• Luminance’s ‘Find Similar’ feature allows lawyers to immediately see all documents related to any potentially significant ones they uncover. To do this, Luminance leverages unsupervised machine learning to automatically cluster documents together based on conceptual similarity. The 36 Group recently deployed Luminance Discovery in advance of a high-profile and historic murder trial. By using the suggestions Luminance was making, they were immediately able to pinpoint relevant material and the team saved 4 working weeks between the beginning of the review and the disclosure phase.
• Seamless Word integration allows users to upload any Word file containing production references, and Luminance will automatically convert any production ID into a hyperlink which can be sent to any Luminance user. This user-friendly interface also allows customers to apply redactions of documentation based on key words or tags.
• Luminance automatically detects PII models which the user can then choose to redact in just a few clicks. This can be undertaken across the entirety of the document set with Luminance’s bulk redaction functionality.
• Luminance’s language agnosticism ensures lawyers can use the AI to analyse documents in any language and even on datasets containing multiple languages.
Click here to access the full webinar, or request a demonstration of Luminance’s powerful end-to-end eDiscovery platform here.
Please complete the form below and we will contact you to arrange a demo of Luminance.
Please complete the form below to receive your Luminance brochure.
Please complete the form below to receive your Luminance white paper.
We will be in touch with you soon.