22nd July 2020 - Luminance, the leading artificial intelligence platform for the legal profession, has today announced the rollout of the latest version of its eDiscovery platform, Luminance Discovery, as adoption rates for the product increase almost twofold in the last six months alone.
The enhanced machine learning now offered by Luminance Discovery offers a uniquely fast and robust way for firms to approach all aspects of document review, investigation and eDiscovery, gaining enhanced speed and greater document insight. Most recently, world-leading law firm, Dentons Middle East, used Luminance Discovery to rapidly analyse a dataset spanning 180,000 documents for a time-sensitive litigation case. With Luminance, Dentons completed the entire review in just two weeks, resulting in an incredible 85% time saving.
“It is pretty clear that Luminance Discovery is unlike any other vendor on the market - it is far superior,” commented Zahra Rose Khawaja, an Associate at Dentons. “At Dentons, we are always looking at ways to pass on time and cost efficiencies to our clients and using Luminance is key to this.”
Jason Brennan, Acting CEO of Luminance, added: “At Luminance, we are constantly developing our AI in order to deliver the most advanced and powerful technology possible. It is fantastic to see so many customers reaping the benefits.”
Highlights of the latest version of Luminance Discovery include:
Advanced visualisation for thorough investigations:
• With advanced 3D visualisations of the entire dataset, Luminance optimises the way legal professionals interact with their data, allowing users to get to the heart of a litigation matter as quickly as possible. With one click, lawyers can easily filter the data by key fields such as date sent, recipient or document ID in order to quickly grasp an overview of the case and explore what is relevant to them.
• Unlike legacy eDiscovery tools, Luminance’s powerful combination of supervised and unsupervised machine learning automatically groups conceptually similar documents, saving users from having to manually search and read through all of the documents. If users are interested in the subject matter of a certain document, in one click Luminance can expose all conceptually similar documentation to lawyers.
• Luminance’s review heatmap clusters of conceptually similar documents and indicates review progress in each area, allowing litigators to target their review most effectively and ensure no relevant data is missed.
• Luminance’s Deep Coding is a revolution in the field of Technology Assisted Review for eDiscovery. By watching the reviewer’s coding behaviours, Luminance forms an understanding of why documents are marked as relevant or not. Users can then choose to either extend this understanding across the dataset to expedite the review, or can use this tool to audit the coding behaviour of reviewers and check that no important documents have been mis-coded.
Microsoft Word synchronisation:
• Most of a lawyer’s output takes the form of reports in Word documents. With the latest version of Luminance Discovery, legal professionals can upload Word documents containing production references and they will be automatically hyperlinked to the corresponding file. Lawyers can send the hyperlinked document to any individual, and no matter their office or location, the document can be accessed with just one click.
By combining machine learning capabilities for intelligent document culling and searching, plus Deep Coding functionality for a faster review, Luminance offers litigators a hugely powerful tool for a quick, robust eDiscovery process. Luminance is the only standalone platform to have both litigation and well as due diligence functionality and has been recognised by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer.
Luminance is the leading artificial intelligence platform for the legal profession. Founded by mathematicians from the University of Cambridge, Luminance has developed the Legal Inference Transformation Engine (LITE), the first true application of machine learning to the legal industry, combining pattern-recognition technology with supervised and unsupervised machine learning to read and understand human language. Luminance is used by law firms and in-house teams in over 53 countries around the world to improve processes such as due diligence, contract negotiation, regulatory compliance reviews, property portfolio analysis and eDiscovery. The company has offices in London, Cambridge, New York and Singapore.
Please complete the form below and we will contact you to arrange a demo of Luminance.
Please complete the form below to receive your Luminance brochure.
We will be in touch with you soon.